The world was silent. The sun hadn't risen yet, and the worled seemed mysterious and sort of eery. I could hear the sounds of the ocean, and the occasional car passing by. The birds hadn't awoken yet, but the waves still crashed against the cliffs; never stopping. I could smell the salt of the sea and the moist air delecately tickled the back of my neck.
I sat on the cliff, my feet dangling over the ocean. The night still lingered, and there was a slight chill. The birds had begun to wake up, and they chirped softly, greeting the new dawn.
I stared out at the sea, not making a sound. Light was starting to rise over the hill behind me, but I didn't turn around. The world began to slowly wake up. Joggers, work-a-holics, soccer moms, and students began to wander out of their houses; greeting the new dawn.
I didn't move from my spot on the ledge. I watched as the surfers began to make their way down to the shore. The sun hit the ocean giving it an illusive warm tint. The waves were now visible as they licked the sand of the shore.
The world had awkened. The cars were more frequent, and the silence had been scared to some other place in the world. The darkness had escaped, and the bright daylight had attacked the sky. The birds were now fully awake, and were soaring down the shoreline. The new dawn had come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment