We're creeping down the pig run, spears in hand; looking for something much bigger than a boar. I can't help but quiver at the thought of the beast lurking behind these mysterious trees. I continue following Jack through the woods, with Ralph behind me; as heb should be. This is Jack's territory, not his! He should just go home and play with his little fire. I think Jack shares these opinions, but he hasn't voiced them.
We stop, and Jack falls to his knees to inspect a piece of dung. I sometimes wonder if Jack is insane, but whatever works. Jack says with much pride that this is pig's dung. Ralph seems to be intrigued by the idea of a pig hunt, but says we should focus on the beast, voices these thought sagely. We heartlessly continue on the beast hunt, yearning for a good piece of pork.
At that very moment, a good size boar comes carreening from the creepers, and knocks over Jack. The boar continues past, and a look back to see Ralph stab it on the nose. Unfortunately, it blunders on, escaping our grasp.
We joke around for a while, dancing and singing; pretend to kill a pig. It's all jolly good fun until I realize how transfixed Jack is with the idea of killing. I scold myself for even questioning him, he is older than I. He's just passionate, that's all. But, I was shocked to see Ralph join in, itching to touch the flesh of the "pig" (really Robert).
Jack has gone up the mountain in search of the beast, Ralph and I are awaiting his return for what seems to be an infinite amount of time. Neither of us dare speak; for we are each other's enemy. Luckily, Jack comes stumbling from the mountain. He snivels about the beast being at the top of the mountain, yet he hasn't seen it.
Now, Jack's got Ralph and I clambering up the mountain in search of the beast. He was very uncompromising. I am very infuriated. Jack's got us climbing in the pitch dark. Hopefully, I'll come back down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Annelise-
I really like your wide use of vocabulary and how you included the required vocabulary in the correct context. My only suggestion is to maybe add a little more detail about why Ralph and Roger have such a conflict. That will really help readers visualize what's going on.Good Job!
Post a Comment